Custom made Orthoses/Orthotics
Our Custom Orthotic Insoles are designed to resolve or provide relief for a broad range of foot-related conditions.
Known as Orthotic Insoles, custom-made orthoses are designed to be worn inside footwear to provide support, comfort, alignment relief and the prevention or potential correction of foot deformities. Custom orthotics may also be used to aid the function and mobility of the body.
Custom Orthotic Insoles have many benefits. They can resolve or provide relief for a broad range of foot-related conditions, including:
- Plantar Fasciitis & Heel Spurs
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Ankle Pain
- Knee Pain (due to pronation)
- Lower Back Pain
- Bunion &Hallux Valgus (progression)
- Calluses &Corns
- Charcot Foot
- Deformity or Plantar Prominences
- Diabetic Foot
- Metatarsalgia (painful metatarsal heads or soles)
- Leg length Discrepancy (less than 8mm)
- Achilles Tendinitis
Perth’s Orthotic Insoles Specialists
During your orthoses assessment appointment, we will perform a thorough foot /ankle assessment as well as a gait analysis and provide you with our honest opinion as to whether or not orthopaedic soles could provide any benefits for your medical condition.
Once you have decided that you could benefit from Orthotic Insoles, the process of making your custom orthoses is as follows:
- Plantar impressions are taken of your feet using sand-filled vacuum bags or foam impression boxes – a process that takes less than 5-minutes. This step is crucial in creating custom orthotics for plantar fasciitis, although it is the always the first step in designing Orthotic Insoles for any orthopaedic condition.
- Once we have the casts of your feet, the vacuum bags are filled with Plaster of Paris to produce the positive casts. These casts are then modified, if required, to provide extra support, and provision will be made for painful prominences that require extra cushioning.
- Our Orthotic Insoles are manufactured by moulding flexible EVA or rigid Polypropylene over the positive modified casts using a vacuum oven.
- The top covers for our orthotics can be customised to suit your requirements, however most orthotics are covered with washable material such as PPT / Poron or Spenco (both memory foams) to provide additional cushioning. The thickness of the cushioning depends on your individual requirements and may depend on the footwear to be worn with the orthotics. We meet your unique footwear requirements by offering custom sports orthotics, custom cycling orthotics, custom running orthotics and more. Orthotics can also be covered with leather on top of the cushioning material, mostly for use in orthotic-friendly sandals.
- Because our orthotics are produced in-house, they are very competitively priced and can be manufactured in less than 4 working days.
For additional information on Orthotic Insoles, click here or Contact Perth Surgical Shoemakers today directly to discuss your orthotic/footwear requirements. Our Certified Pedorthist and Surgical Shoemakers will assess your needs and custom make Orthotic Insoles for a perfect fit.